Join PEFC and SFI to collaborate for forests, people, and nature
12 January 2023 News
Early bird registration for PEFC Week 2023 in collaboration with the SFI Annual Conference is open! Join PEFC and the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 14-18 May 2023.
This event will be a unique opportunity to network with local, national, binational, and global community members, including those in the SFI and PEFC networks, Indigenous representatives, government officials, students, faculty, researchers, conservation groups, customers, investors, and more.
What to expect
With the theme “Forest, People, and Nature Positive,” we invite you to learn about and discuss opportunities on the most-pressing issues and challenges facing people and the planet, both locally and globally.
The conference will be a must-attend event for those who want to engage with some of the foremost thought leaders in the forest sector. Sessions will cover many topics, including:
- Nature Positive Solutions: Learn how organizations use data, science, and impactful collaborations to advance forest-positive and nature-positive solutions.
- Climate Smart Forestry: Explore strategies from the public and private sectors to advance climate resiliency, including implementing SFI’s new climate smart forestry requirements.
- Indigenous Rights & Reconciliation: Be inspired by case studies of Indigenous Reconciliation in the forest sector and learn how Indigenous Rights are being advanced.
- Supply Chain Leadership: Advance your understanding of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) expectations in the supply chain and how PEFC and SFI certifications and programs are being leveraged to advance sustainability while meeting investor and customer expectations.
- Diverse & Resilient Workforce: Engage with a younger generation and workforce leaders to understand best practices in retention, recruitment, and advancement and how SFI’s education program, Project Learning Tree, is moving the needle on this topic.
- Urban & Community Forests: Get excited about the role of urban and community forests in building sustainable communities while advancing human health and well-being and delivering on climate resiliency.
For more information, please visit our event website.