PEFC Job Posting - Key Account Manager
10 February 2022 Job vacancy
We are looking for a Key Account Manager (KAM), responsible for growing awareness of and demand for PEFC forest certification and certified pulp, paper and fibre-based packaging, in the global marketplace.
The KAM will develop the marketing outreach strategy to implement it at international level, and will help coordinate outreach activities conducted by PEFC’s members at national level. The KAM will report to PEFC International’s Head of Marketing.
- Develop the marketing and outreach strategy required to raise awareness, visibility, acceptance of, and demand for certified packaging materials, including the development of a marketing campaign and toolkit
- Recommend strategy and actions by sector and for complex customers
- Closely watch the Circular Economy and Carbon Reduction goals within the European Commission
Outreach and partnership
- Build and nurture loyal, strong relationships with key corporate companies
- Prospect and engage new companies to include the PEFC brand in their pulp, paper, packaging procurement policy
- Identify partners corporate to develop co-funded projects
- Assist in the preparation of high-level advocacy meetings at both national and international level
- Attend and speak at selected conferences and trade shows to promote our brand, keep informed of market insights and network
- Overseas travel will be required (circa 40%)
Market Intelligence and analysis
- Research and analyse market data by sector, producing succinct reports
- Identify events (e.g., trade shows and conferences) of interest and develop a sector-based event calendar
- Develop and manage CRM: contacts, procurement policy status, certification logo use, and key influencers
- Educated to degree level
- Native or fluent English speaker
- A recognised sales, business development, communications or marketing qualification
- Other languages
- 5+ years, Key account management role, preferably in a paper-based packaging company or packaging procurement role for an FMCG
- Understanding of current sustainability issues and metrics, especially regarding climate and biodiversity
- Experience of working in a global environment
- Experience of working in a fast moving, multi-stakeholder, demanding environment
- Experienced social media communicator (Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Confident public speaker
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills with a talent for persuading
- Confident self-starter, especially as working remotely from main office
- Effective multi tasker, able to prioritise
- Highly effective project management and analytical skills
- Advanced administrative and MS Office skills
- Experience in working as part of a small, multinational, multi-disciplinary team
Location: Home based, Europe (preferably)
Start date: as soon as possible. Initial employment contract for 3 years.
Please submit your application with CV and Motivation Letter by 18 March 2022: Application web form
Work environment: PEFC is a purpose driven organisation. Working in the proximity of a small team at PEFC International HQ (based in Geneva), you will be exposed to a wider global team of members with enriching cultural exposure.
PEFC International is the world's largest forest certification system. Our credible standards seek to transform the way forests are managed globally – and locally - to ensure all can enjoy the environmental, social and economic benefits that forests offer.
It is a global alliance of national forest certification systems, founded by small and family forest owners to demonstrate excellence in sustainable forest management.