Joining the sustainable supply chain with PEFC chain of custody certification for the furniture industry
15 February 2023 Upcoming event
Do you want to access new markets for your products, fulfill the growing demand for sustainable furniture amongst consumers, and get ahead of the curve on strict timber import regulations?
Sign up for our FREE Chain of Custody webinar to find out how!
Furniture companies will have to overcome a number of challenges in the future to stay competitive. The COVID-19 pandemic exposed how fragile global supply chains are and consumers are also increasingly demanding proof that these supply chains source materials responsibly.
In a recent consumer survey conducted by the Sustainable Furnishings Council, an overwhelming 97% of those surveyed responded that they were interested in purchasing furniture if it was certified as legal wood coming from a responsibly managed forest.
In addition, well over 30 countries have implemented public timber procurement policies, with many of those policies strictly requiring a clear system of traceability. Thousands of private companies and corporations are also incorporating responsible timber sourcing conditions as a part of their ESG goals.
It’s clear that the world is looking towards sustainable supply chains in the furniture industry as a way to protect the world’s forests and all of the essential ecosystem services that they provide. But how exactly can you prove your commitment to responsible sourcing to your customers, shareholders, regulatory bodies and partners in the furniture industry?
PEFC chain of custody certification is the most effective mechanism to meet the demands of consumers and buyers and gain access to one of the world’s largest supplies of responsibly sourced and certified wood. Certification unlocks access to new markets, helps companies to comply with strict legislative and ESG requirements, and sends a clear message to your customers that the wood in their furniture has been responsibly sourced and tracked from the forest to the showroom.
If you are a furniture association, consultant, designer, manufacturer, retailer or trader, we welcome you to join us on 8-9 March for our latest FREE webinar, “Joining the links in the sustainable furniture supply chain with PEFC chain of custody certification”.
During the webinar, you’ll learn
- How the furniture market dynamics are evolving in the global supply chain
- What is PEFC’s role and how it can support the furniture industry in reaching their sustainability goals
- About the PEFC chain of custody standards to ensure traceability
- How to meet and comply with PEFC chain of custody standards
- The requirements for applying for PEFC chain of custody certification
- Chain of custody certification to suit your context - group certification, multi-site certification, producer groups etc.
- Case studies on the advantages of group certification
- How to use the PEFC label and trademarks and display it to your customers
- How PEFC promotes the benefits of responsibly sourced furniture