Unlocking PEFC chain of custody certification for the furniture industry
Companies who manufacture, trade, and sell wood and wooden furniture were invited to our exclusive two-day webinar about PEFC chain of custody certification.
PEFC International experts provided a detailed introduction to the PEFC chain of custody management system requirements, as well as the chain of custody methods. We also took a close look at the PEFC label – how and why you should use it.
To keep things relatable, we used case stories of furniture companies already benefitting from PEFC certification throughout the webinar.
This webinar was designed specifically for actors in the wooden furniture supply chain, from manufacturers and traders to retailers.
The webinar was broken into modules and attendees could choose which modules to attend. You can see all the modules below and if you missed the series, you can find all the recordings on our YouTube channel.
If you are thinking about gaining PEFC certification for your business, but have questions on what this involves, or you are already certified, but would like to know more about PEFC, we recommend you browse the modules below and watch the recordings.
- What is PEFC? What does PEFC do? How does PEFC do it?
- What makes PEFC unique?
- Global statistics
- Benefits of PEFC forest certification
- What is PEFC chain of custody and why is it important?
- The requirements that your company must meet to ensure correct implementation and maintenance of the PEFC chain of custody process
- Information you need to obtain from your suppliers regarding the incoming materials or product
- The PEFC claims – what are they?
- How do materials flow through the chain of custody process?
- The 5 elements of DDS: access to information, risk assessment, substantiated concerns, management of significant risk supplies, no placement on the market
- The three chain of custody methods - What are they? How do they work?
- What is multi-site certification? Who is it for? How does it work?
- How can your company obtain multi-site certification?
- The scope of the PEFC trademarks, usage requirements, technical requirements, graphic requirements
- The meaning behind the PEFC labels and what your company needs to do to use them
- Why this campaign? What’s in it for companies? How can you participate?
Forest Are Home
When furniture manufacturers choose certified wood. When retailers choose certified products. When customers choose certified furniture. You help safeguard the world's forests, its ecosystem and contribute to healthy local communities, local workers, and the local economy.
No matter where you are in the furniture supply chain, PEFC certification can help you make this choice. See how you can start your sustainability journey with PEFC.