Unlocking PEFC chain of custody certification for the furniture industry
Companies who manufacture, trade, and sell wood and wooden furniture are invited to our exclusive two-day webinar about PEFC chain of custody certification.
PEFC International experts will provide a detailed introduction to the PEFC chain of custody management system requirements, as well as the chain of custody methods. We’ll also take a close look at the PEFC label – how and why you should use it.
To keep things relatable, we’ll use case stories of furniture companies already benefitting from PEFC certification throughout the webinar.
Who should attend?
This webinar is designed specifically for actors in the wooden furniture supply chain, from manufacturers and traders to retailers.
If you are thinking about gaining PEFC certification for your business, but have questions on what this involves, then this webinar is for you. If you are already certified, but would like to know more about PEFC, you will find the webinar interesting.
Retailers that sell wooden furniture and want to know how procuring and selling PEFC-certified products benefit their business are also encouraged to attend.
The webinar takes place on 9-10 December 2021 and is free to attend. As the webinar is broken into modules, attendees can choose which modules they attend - you could attend them all, a couple, or even just one. You can see all the modules below.
Day One: 9 December
09:00-09:30 I Module 1 I Introduction to PEFC
- What is PEFC? What does PEFC do? How does PEFC do it?
- What makes PEFC unique?
- Global statistics
- Benefits of PEFC forest certification
- What is PEFC chain of custody and why is it important?
09:30-09:55 I Module 2 I Scope and management system requirements
- The requirements that your company must meet to ensure correct implementation and maintenance of the PEFC chain of custody process
09:55-10:25 I Module 3 I Identification of inputs and declaration of outputs
- Information you need to obtain from your suppliers regarding the incoming materials or product
- The PEFC claims – what are they?
- How do materials flow through the chain of custody process?
10:35-11:15 I Module 4 I Due Diligence System (DDS)
- The 5 elements of DDS: access to information, risk assessment, substantiated concerns, management of significant risk supplies, no placement on the market
Day Two: 10 December
09:05-09:45 I Module 5 I Chain of custody methods
- The three chain of custody methods - What are they? How do they work?
09:45-10:05 I Module 6 I Multi-site certification
- What is multi-site certification? Who is it for? How does it work?
- How can your company obtain multi-site certification?
10:15-10:45 I Module 7 I Trademarks Rules and Requirements, Labelling, Database
- The scope of the PEFC trademarks, usage requirements, technical requirements, graphic requirements
- The meaning behind the PEFC labels and what your company needs to do to use them
10:45-10:55 I Module 8 I How to get PEFC certified
10:55-11:05 I Module 9 I Forests are Home awareness campaign
- Why this campaign? What’s in it for companies? How can you participate?
Forest Are Home
When furniture manufacturers choose certified wood. When retailers choose certified products. When customers choose certified furniture. You help safeguard the world's forests, its ecosystem and contribute to healthy local communities, local workers, and the local economy.
No matter where you are in the furniture supply chain, PEFC certification can help you make this choice. See how you can start your sustainability journey with PEFC.