The Council for Sustainable Forest Management in the Republic of Macedonia
The North Macedonian Forest Certification System was endorsed in 2018. The national system was replaced by the regional Balkan Forest Certification Scheme that achieved endorsement in August 2022.
2020 system elements
|Sustainable forest management standard||Yes|
|Sustainable forest management standard (plantation)||No|
|Sustainable forest management standard (trees outside forests)||No|
|Group certification requirements||Yes|
|Chain of custody requirements (PEFC International)||Yes|
|Certification body requirements for chain of custody (PEFC International)||Yes|
|Full system documentation||Yes|
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 28 October 2020
- Review date: 28 October 2025
2021-23 system assessment (regional system)
- Status: Assessment finished, system endorsed
- Assessment Report
- Type: Endorsement of a new system
- Assessor: Form international
- System submitted for assessment: 6 July 2021
- Consultation: 4 August - 2 October 2021
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this regional system.
- Regional system endorsed: 31 August 2022
- System endorsed: 4 June 2018
- Joined PEFC: 16 November 2016