The PEFC UK Certification Scheme for Sustainable Forest Management was first endorsed in 2002 and has been re-endorsed a further three times. The latest system, including a new Trees outside Forests standard, is currently under assessment.
2016 system documentation
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 20 April 2016
- Review date: 20 April 2021
2022 system assessment
- Status: Public consultation finished, assessment ongoing
- Type: Revised system, new endorsement of Trees outside Forests standard
- Download the documentation
- System submitted for assessment: 26 July 2022
- Consultation: 8 August - 6 October 2022
- Assessor: Indufor
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
- Revised system endorsed: 29 March 2018
- Revised system endorsed: 29 July 2013
- Revised system endorsed: 4 March 2008
- Endorsed: 6 March 2002
- Joined PEFC: 26 January 2001
History before PEFC
PEFC UK was created in 2000 to act as the national governing member for PEFC International in the UK.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
The PEFC alliance is a fantastic organisation (or family) for sharing of knowledge and ideas so that each national member can flourish and expand to ensure as many forests as possible are certified as sustainable. Being part of the PEFC family ensures that you are never short of support and experienced personnel to assist you in your day to day work.