The Slovak Forest Certification Scheme was first endorsed in 2005 and has been re-endorsed a further two times. The latest system is currently under assessment.
2014 system documentation
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 12 December 2014
- Review date: 12 December 2019
2021/2022 system assessment
- Status: Public consultation open, assessment ongoing
- Type: Revised system (maintaining the endorsement)
- System submitted for assessment: 15 November 2021
- Consultation: 29 November 2021 - 27 January 2022 - give your feedback
- Assessor: to be announced
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
- Re-endorsed: 14 January 2016
- Re-endorsed: 28 July 2010
- Endorsed: 12 August 2005
- Joined PEFC: 22 November 2002
History before PEFC
PEFC Slovakia (the former Slovak Forest Certification Association) was established in 2002.
The main aim of the association was to become a member of the PEFC Council, develop a national Slovak Forest Certification System and apply for the international endorsement of the national system.
The Slovak system was endorsed by PEFC in August 2005.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
The main benefit of being part of the PEFC alliance for the Slovak forest owners and forest-based industries is that they can build on the local forestry traditions and at the same time they can enter the global markets for forest products.