The Slovak Forest Certification Scheme was first endorsed in 2005 and has been re-endorsed a further two times. The system maintained its endorsement in June 2022.
2021 system documentation
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 11 November 2021
- Review date: 11 November 2026
2021/2022 system assessment
- Status: Assessment finished, system endorsement maintained
- Type: Revised system (maintaining the endorsement)
- Assessor: GreenWoodGlobal Consulting
- System submitted for assessment: 15 November 2021
- Consultation: 29 November 2021 - 27 January 2022
- Final assessment report submitted: 2 June 2022
- Corrective actions submitted: 6 September 2022
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
- Endorsement maintained: 8 June 2022
- Re-endorsed: 14 January 2016
- Re-endorsed: 28 July 2010
- Endorsed: 12 August 2005
- Joined PEFC: 22 November 2002
History before PEFC
PEFC Slovakia (the former Slovak Forest Certification Association) was established in 2002.
The main aim of the association was to become a member of the PEFC Council, develop a national Slovak Forest Certification System and apply for the international endorsement of the national system.
The Slovak system was endorsed by PEFC in August 2005.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
The main benefit of being part of the PEFC alliance for the Slovak forest owners and forest-based industries is that they can build on the local forestry traditions and at the same time they can enter the global markets for forest products.