The Portuguese Forest Certification System was endorsed in 2004 and was re-endorsed a further two times in 2010 and 2015. The latest system is under assessment.
2014 system documentation
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 15 July 2014
- Review date: 14 November 2019*
* The review date is linked to the approval date of the revised Sustainable Forest Management standard PEFC ST 1003 (14 November 2018).
2022 system assessment
- Status: Public consultation finished, assessment ongoing
- Type: Revised system (maintaining the endorsement)
- Download the documentation
- System submitted for assessment: 14 May 2022
- Consultation: 5 July - 3 September 2022
- Assessor: TJ Consulting
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
- Joined PEFC: 30 June 1999
- Endorsed: 5 December 2004
- Re-endorsed: 5 November 2010
- Re-endorsed: 24 April 2015