The PEFC Certification System Netherlands was endorsed in 2012 and subsequently maintained its endorsement in March 2022. The Dutch System was extended with a new Trees outside Forests annex, but this part of the system is not yet endorsed and currently under assessment.
2020 system documentation
2020/21 system assessment
- Status: System assessment finished and endorsement maintained, assessment of Trees outside Forests standard continues
- Type: Assessment of revised system, new endorsement of Trees outside Forests standard
- Assessor: TJ Consulting
- System submitted for assessment: 12 March 2021
- Consultation: 10 May - 8 July 2021
- Final assessment report submitted: 4 March 2022
- Corrective actions submitted: 21 July 2022
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 5 November 2020
- Review date: 5 November 2025
- Endorsement maintained: 16 March 2022
- Endorsed: 21 December 2012
- Joined PEFC: 5 October 2006
History before PEFC
PEFC Netherlands was founded in 2008 and registered as an association to expand the number of certified forest hectares in the Netherlands and increase the number of certified companies through independent third-party certification.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
Being part of the global PEFC alliance makes sure that Dutch forest owners and companies can make use of a globally accepted and recognized environmental label. Together we can work on our mission: offer guarantee to the society that in sustainably managed forests, sustainable wood is produced while the forests are upheld.