The Luxembourg Forest Certification Scheme was first endorsed in August 2005 and has been re-endorsed a further three times. The last system endorsement was in 2019.
2018 system documentation
2018/19 system assessment
- Status: Assessment finished, system re-endorsed
- Type: Revised system
- Assessor: ForestSense
- System submitted for assessment: 25 June 2018
- Consultation: 9 November 2018 - 14 January 2019
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 17 May 2018
- Review date: 17 May 2023
- Re-endorsed: 8 November 2019
- Re-endorsed: 29 July 2014
- Re-endorsed: 28 July 2010
- Endorsed: 12 August 2005
- Joined PEFC: 22 November 2002
History before PEFC
PEFC Luxembourg initiated in 1999 via Groupement des Sylviculteurs, a forest owners’ association. PEFC Luxembourg a.s.b.l. was officially founded in 2002 in order to offer forest and CoC certification to Luxembourgish companies and forest owners.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
There is a demand for certified material, so the key benefits are access to markets, as well as contributing to a positive public image of forest management and wood as a natural sustainable material.