The Latvia PEFC Certification Scheme was first endorsed in July 2001 and has been re-endorsed a further two times. The latest system is currently under assessment.
2015 system documentation
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 18 August 2015
- Review date: 18 August 2020
2022 system assessment
- Status: Public consultation finished, assessment ongoing
- Type: Revised system (maintaining the endorsement)
- Assessment Report
- Download the documentation
- System submitted for assessment: 27 January 2023
- Consultation: 20 February - 20 April 2023
- Assessor: Form international
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
- Re-endorsed: 16 November 2016
- Re-endorsed: 14 March 2011
- Endorsement expired: 28 February 2008
- Endorsed: 20 July 2001
- Joined PEFC: 30 June 1999
History before PEFC
PEFC Latvia was created in 1999, focused on developing group certification, primarily for small private forest owners, based on PEFC standards.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
The main benefit is that we can offer Latvian forest owners a system that confirms their sustainable forest management and respects national legislation and the public interests.