History before PEFC
PEFC Latvia was created in 1999, focused on developing group certification, primarily for small private forest owners, based on PEFC standards.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
The main benefit is that we can offer Latvian forest owners a system that confirms their sustainable forest management and respects national legislation and the public interests.
Latvian system information
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 18 August 2015
- Review date: 18 August 2020
- Joined PEFC: 30 June 1999
- Endorsed: 20 July 2001
- Endorsement expired: 28 February 2008
- Re-endorsed: 14 March 2011
- Re-endorsed: 16 November 2016