The Italian PEFC System was first endorsed in October 2004 and has been re-endorsed a further two times. The latest system is currently under assessment.
2015 system documentation
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 28 October 2015
- Review date: 28 October 2020
2022-23 system assessment
- Status: Public consultation closed, assessment ongoing
- Type: Revised system (maintaining the endorsement) and new Trees outside Forests standard
- Download the system documentation
- System submitted for assessment: 28 April 2023
- Consultation: 26 June - 24 August 2023
- Assessor: Form international
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
- Re-endorsed: 31 May 2017
- Re-endorsed: 28 July 2010
- Endorsed: 18 October 2004
- Joined PEFC: 19 June 2001
History before PEFC
PEFC Italy was founded in April 2001 to promote PEFC certification in Italy. It was endorsed by the PEFC Council in November 2001.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
Being part of an alliance permits to be represented and supported at international level, to be stronger and able to face attacks from competitors and other organisations, to share experiences and learn from good practices of other countries. Moreover, it is important to have a global communication and promotion strategy.