The German Forest Certification System was first endorsed in 2000 and has been re-endorsed a further three times. The latest system is currently under assessment.
2014 system documentation
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 26 November 2014
- Review date: 26 November 2019
2020/21 system assessment
- Status: Public consultation finished, assessment ongoing
- Type: Revised system
- Download the system documentation
- System submitted for assessment: 1 April 2021
- Consultation: 19 April - 18 June 2021
- Assessor: Form international
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
- Re-endorsed: 3 June 2016
- Re-endorsed: 5 November 2010
- Re-endorsed: 6 December 2005
- Endorsed: 27 July 2000
- Joined PEFC: 30 June 1999
History before PEFC
PEFC Germany was founded in 1999 as a registered association. The aim of PEFC Germany is to improve forest management within Germany and act as a marketing tool for wooden products. PEFC Germany is one of the founding members of the PEFC Council International.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
Being part of the global PEFC alliance, we are able to implement our common vision "A world in which forests are managed sustainably".