The Danish Forest Certification Scheme was first endorsed in 2002 and has been re-endorsed a further two times. The latest system is currently under assessment.
2012 system documentation
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 28 March 2012
- Review date: 14 November 2019*
* The review date is linked to the approval date of the revised Sustainable Forest Management standard PEFC ST 1003 (14 November 2018).
2020/21 system assessment
- Status: Public consultation finished, assessment ongoing
- Type: Revised system
- Download the system documentation
- System submitted for assessment: 11 June 2021
- Consultation: 5 July - 2 September 2021
- Assessor: CK Services
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
- Re-endorsed: 22 May 2013
- Re-endorsed: 4 March 2008
- Endorsed: 15 October 2002
- Joined PEFC: 30 June 1999
History before PEFC
PEFC Denmark was created in 1999 and joined PEFC International shortly after.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
We benefit from being part of a global family of organisations that work together to protect the forests of the world.