The Danish Forest Certification Scheme was first endorsed in 2002 and has been re-endorsed a further two times. The system maintained its endorsement in March 2022.
2021 system documentation
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 5 March 2021
- Review date: 5 March 2026
2020/21 system assessment
- Status: Assessment finished, system endorsement maintained
- Type: Revised system
- Assessor: CK Services
- System submitted for assessment: 11 June 2021
- Consultation: 5 July - 2 September 2021
- Final assessment report submitted: 13 February 2022
- Corrective actions submitted: 11 August 2022
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
- Endorsement maintained: 7 March 2022
- Re-endorsed: 22 May 2013
- Re-endorsed: 4 March 2008
- Endorsed: 15 October 2002
- Joined PEFC: 30 June 1999
History before PEFC
PEFC Denmark was created in 1999 and joined PEFC International shortly after.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
We benefit from being part of a global family of organisations that work together to protect the forests of the world.