Malaysian Timber Certification Council (MTCC)
The Malaysian Timber Certification Scheme was first endorsed in 2009 and was re-endorsed in 2014. The system maintained its endorsement in June 2021.
2020 system documentation
2020/21 system assessment
- Status: Assessment finished, system endorsement maintained
- Type: Revised system
- Assessor: Form international
- System submitted for assessment: 30 June 2020
- Consultation: 18 August - 17 October 2020
- Final assessment report submitted: 12 May 2021
- Corrective actions submitted: 10 November 2021
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 5 March 2020
- Review date: 5 March 2025
- Endorsement maintained: 1 June 2021
- Re-endorsed: 29 July 2014
- Endorsed: 1 May 2009
- Joined PEFC: 22 November 2002
History before PEFC
The Malaysian Timber Certification Council (MTCC) was established in October 1998 to develop and operate the voluntary Malaysian Timber Certification Scheme (MTCS). Our mission is to operate a credible and internationally recognised certification scheme towards promoting sustainable forest management in Malaysia.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
The PEFC alliance has provided MTCC the needed platform to obtain international recognition and acceptance.
We appreciate the close cooperation and have benefited greatly through the sharing of valuable experiences from PEFC members to further enhance the implementation of forest management and chain of custody certification in Malaysia.