Instituto Pró Manejo Florestal
The Brazilian Forest Certification System was endorsed in 2005 and re-endorsed in 2011. The latest system is under assessment.
2014 system documentation
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date (native forest): 24 July 2009
- National approval date (planted forest): 21 December 2007
- Review date: 14 November 2019*
* The review date is linked to the approval date of the revised Sustainable Forest Management standard PEFC ST 1003 (14 November 2018).
2022 system assessment
- Status: Public consultation finished, assessment ongoing
- Type: Revised system (maintaining the endorsement)
- Download the documentation
- System submitted for assessment: 14 May 2022
- Consultation: 18 July - 15 September
- Assessor: Khalil Hegarty
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
- Joined PEFC: 22 November 2002
- Endorsed: 19 October 2005
- Re-endorsed: 14 March 2011