Institute for Forest Certification
History before PEFC
The Institute for Forest Certification was created to implement PEFC certification in Slovenia.
It joined PEFC as a National Governing Body in March 2005.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
We help forest owners and companies to certify products and to have low cost of certification.
Slovenian system information
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 14 September 2012
- Review date: 14 November 2019*
* The review date is linked to the approval date of the revised Sustainable Forest Management standard PEFC ST 1003 (14 November 2018).
- Joined PEFC: 10 March 2005
- Endorsed: 3 August 2007
- Re-endorsed: 29 July 2014