Senior Development and Fundraising Manager
25 January 2024 Job vacancy
The PEFC International Board is currently finalizing a Development and Fundraising strategy for the organisation. This reflects the increasing activities of PEFC in various capacity and infrastructure building projects. To lead the implementation of the strategy the PEFC is looking for a Senior Development and Fundraising Manager.
Position: Senior Development and Fundraising Manager
Location: Geneva, Brussels, other
Occupation time: 100%
Duration: 3-year contract, with the option of extension
Line Manager: Secretary General / CEO
Travel: approx. 30% (at least one week per month in Geneva)
Lead development and fundraising activities in support of the implementation of the PEFC Alliance Strategy 2030, focusing on project development and raising the funds for those projects. The aim of the projects should be that:
- All PEFC national members have the capacity to fully contribute to PEFC’s vision and mission and maximise their contributions to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals in relation to forests.
- The PEFC Alliance is positioned as a competent player in the sustainable forest management arena and the experience and capacity of its members contributes to mitigating climate change effects, improving livelihoods and promoting ecosystem services.
- Build and maintain networks with private and public funding agencies and development partners.
- Develop projects in accordance with the priorities of PEFC’s Development and Fundraising Strategy (DFS).
- Make use of a variety of funding mechanisms in accordance with the DFS.
- Coordinate fundraising activities of the PEFC Alliance.
- Act as Secretary of the Development and Fundraising Committee of the PEFC International Board.
- Engage with PEFC members, particularly as regards potential joint development and fundraising activities or to support their own initiatives in this area.
- Provide quality assurance for project delivery.
- Organise project evaluations as required.
- Collaborate closely with the PEFC International Market Engagement team.
- Represent PEFC International in relevant international networking and development events.
- University degree in management, administration, international or political science, natural resources management, forestry or related fields.
- Minimum 8 years of experience of project development in the international forestry arena.
- Comprehensive knowledge of global and regional funding mechanisms and private and public funding agencies that are relevant for PEFC.
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility with excellent prioritisation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in either French or Spanish/Portuguese is an asset.
- Ability to travel.