Group Certification: an Important Instrument in the Climate Change Mitigation Toolbox
The Expanding Group Certification Globally project seeks to encourage and facilitate uptake of Group Certification among small forest owners and managers throughout the world. In particular, it seeks to promote certification in those areas where it is less widespread, but where sustainable management of forests has taken on increasing urgency in light of efforts to combat climate change and alleviate poverty.
The multi-partner project brings together the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification and several partners. Many are members of the Three Rights Holders Group (G3 Alliance), a platform for collaboration among family forest owners, community forestry and tribal and indigenous peoples of the tropical forest that promotes locally controlled forestry and sustainable forest management.
The brochure was developed in conjunction with Confederation of European Forest Owners (CEPF), the Global Alliance of Community Forestry (GACF), the International Alliance of Indigenous and Tribal Peoples of the Tropical Forest (IAITPTF), and the International Family Forestry Alliance (IFFA).
- Get your cameras and phones ready – Become the 2017 PEFC Photographer of the Year!
- PEFC members invited to comment on changes to the endorsement process
- PEFC International Board welcomes two new members
- 2017 PEFC Collaboration Fund: two days left to apply!
- PEFC is looking for your opinion on standard setting