PEFC Logo Usage Toolkit (Second Edition, December 2010)
The Toolkit is designed to assist logo users in applying the logo and labels consistently in terms of design and layout, and in line with PEFC’s technical requirements and branding.
Logo users can now create their PEFC labels using the PEFC Label Generator, an easy-to-use and intuitive online tool that provides everything needed to put a PEFC label on products or promotional materials. Completely cloud-based, the PEFC Label Generator enables logo users to download the label using no additional software.
The PEFC logo and labels are globally trusted marks, assisting businesses, consumers, forest owners and managers, and other stakeholders in identifying and promoting merchandise and goods from forests that are managed sustainably.
Using the logo and label enables companies and forest owners to:
- demonstrate commitment to sustainable development and corporate social responsibility
- attract environmentally and socially-minded customers and consumers
- help generate demand for products from PEFC-certified forests
- highlight engagement in sustainable forest management
You are only permitted to use the logo and label if you have obtained a logo license. This document and PEFC Logo Usage Rules (PEFC ST 2001:2008 v2) explain how to remain in accordance with the requirements.
The Toolkit is designed to assist logo users in applying the logo and labels accurately, consistently, and verifiably in terms of design and layout, and in line with PEFC’s technical requirements and branding. Compliance with the Toolkit is of utmost importance in protecting the PEFC trademarks.
A trademark can be a name, a logo or even a slogan - any word, symbol, or device used to identify an organizations products or services and distinguish them from those of other organizations. Because strong trademarks are essential in building strong and credible brands, they are extremely valuable assets.
It is therefore important that the PEFC trademarks are used carefully to prevent customer or consumer confusion about ownership, responsibilities, scope/coverage of certification and eligible logo use to protect the valuable investments PEFC has made in them.
PEFC reminds logo users that any use that:
- implies that PEFC participates in, supports, or is responsible for an activity by a certified entity outside the scope of its certification, or
- could result in erroneous interpretation or understanding of the entities operations with respect to its PEFC certifications, or diminished credibility of PEFC
is not permitted, and PEFC reserves the right to terminate the Logo Use Contract in such cases.
The Logo Usage Toolkit (Second Version, December 2010) for on-product labelling is applicable to companies that have been certified to PEFC ST 2002:2013.