PEFC Annual Review 2015 - Seeing the Bigger Picture
2015 was the year that saw the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by the UN General Assembly and important climate change commitments at COP21 in Paris.
For us at PEFC, the SDGs help us to better communicate the holistic nature of our work. They recognize the positive contributions of forests rather than treating them merely as a threatened natural resource that requires conservation.
In fact, while sustainable forest management is directly referenced in SDG15: Life on Land, it is inherently part of most – if not all – of the SDGs.
This Annual Review captures just a few of our activities and those of our members in 2015, but it already demonstrates that sustainable forest management is much more than just an environmental issue. It equally addresses the social, economic and cultural dimensions of sustainability at the core of the 17 SDGs.
We invite you to turn the pages of our 2015 Annual Review and see the bigger picture among the many activities undertaken by the PEFC family and our partners all over the world.
Communications Toolkit - PEFC Annual Review 2015 (341.28 kB)
- Get your cameras and phones ready – Become the 2017 PEFC Photographer of the Year!
- PEFC members invited to comment on changes to the endorsement process
- PEFC International Board welcomes two new members
- 2017 PEFC Collaboration Fund: two days left to apply!
- PEFC is looking for your opinion on standard setting