2014 PEFC Collaboration Fund Projects
In 2014, large scale projects were the order of the day, with two out of the three winning projects awarded the maximum 40,000 CHF of funding. In total, the 2014 Collaboration Fund awarded CHF 83,250 to three projects.
“This year we decided to focus our efforts on larger projects that will have a big impact within their respective countries and further afield,” said Sarah Price, Head of Projects and Development at PEFC.
“From the development and testing of an online remote sensing tool to improve sustainable forest management monitoring to supporting a country through their certification system development process, these projects are set to really make a big difference.”
Supporting Stakeholders to Develop the Macedonian Forest Certification System
- Development of a Macedonian national forest certification system
- Creation of a National Governing Body
- Submission of the new national system to PEFC for endorsement
CNVP Macedonia is a non-profit organization working to improve the livelihoods of rural people in Albania, Macedonia and Kosovo, as well as in the wider Balkan region. They work to provide quality services in forestry, rural development, environment and biomass for renewable energy in order to increase the capacity of local actors to achieve sustainable development.
Developing Group Certification for New Zealand’s Small Forest Owners
- Development of a Group Certification System
- Examination of PEFC requirements for Group Certification
- Creation of a scoping and guidance document for setting up and implementing PEFC Group Certification
The New Zealand Farm Forestry Association Inc. (NZFFA) is a charitable trust representing small forest growers in New Zealand. The Association promotes the wise integration of trees into the New Zealand landscape for profit, amenity, soil and water conservation and sustainable land management.
Increasing Accessibility to Information on Sustainable Management of Finnish Forests through Remote Sensing
- Creation of an online platform using remote sensing to monitor sustainable forest management in Finland
- Analysis of the Finnish national forest certification system for indicators
Forgis Oy is an innovative forestry consulting company headquartered in Joensuu, Finland. As a consulting company, Forgis Oy provides services aimed at developing sustainable forest management, offering practical solutions, based on an analysis of the situation and experience of effective forestry business in Scandinavia.
Sign up for Newsletters
PEFC Collaboration Fund over the years
List of PEFC Members
- Striving to improve smallholder access to certification
- Outlining expectations for forest management certification
- Datuk Himmat Singh appointed as MTCC Chairman
- Forest certification systems are effective tools to demonstrate sustainable forestry
- Call for nominations – last chance to take part in a Standards Revision Working Group