Forest certification on prime time Filipino newsMar 02 2016
As part of the country’s continuing fight against illegal logging and promote responsible forestry, Filipino stakeholders are working with the government as they push to establishment a national forest certification system.
With the Asia-Pacific Forestry Week taking place last week in the Philippines, we travelled out to the country to meet with policy makers as they embark on the development process. Both PEFC International representatives and our National members from the region were on hand to give their advice and guidance.
This meeting was captured by People’s Television (PTV), and given a slot on the 6pm news – watch it below!
Sign up for Newsletters
- Green public procurement made easy for Italian authorities
- PEFC short-listed for TTJ Environmental Achievement Award
- The Sustainable Forestry Initiative continues to engage the international forest community through PEFC endorsement
- Adapting PEFC Chain of Custody certification to future needs
- Landscapes and Livelihoods: PEFC’s Stakeholder Dialogue set to navigate new terrain