EXPO 2015: A PEFC ExperienceJan 05 2016
Twenty-one million visitors in six months: a success beyond the organisers' expectations. These are the figures of EXPO 2015, the Universal Exposition of Milan "Feeding the planet, energy for life".
And if food and nutrition were the stars of EXPO 2015, wood was the undisputed support act. Over 60% of the structures were built with wood, from the United Nations Pavilion Zero to the guardrails along the bridges and canals - and almost all of it PEFC-certified. According to PEFC Italy, this is more than 31,000 cubic metres of spruce and larch, equalling the annual growth of 2,650 hectares of alpine forest, obviously certified for its sustainability!
Watch the video below to find out more!
PEFC at EXPO 2015
Sign up for Newsletters
- Outlining expectations for forest management certification
- Datuk Himmat Singh appointed as MTCC Chairman
- Forest certification systems are effective tools to demonstrate sustainable forestry
- Call for nominations – last chance to take part in a Standards Revision Working Group
- PEFC-certified cheques from Crédit Agricole