EXPO 2015: A PEFC ExperienceJan 05 2016
Twenty-one million visitors in six months: a success beyond the organisers' expectations. These are the figures of EXPO 2015, the Universal Exposition of Milan "Feeding the planet, energy for life".
And if food and nutrition were the stars of EXPO 2015, wood was the undisputed support act. Over 60% of the structures were built with wood, from the United Nations Pavilion Zero to the guardrails along the bridges and canals - and almost all of it PEFC-certified. According to PEFC Italy, this is more than 31,000 cubic metres of spruce and larch, equalling the annual growth of 2,650 hectares of alpine forest, obviously certified for its sustainability!
Watch the video below to find out more!
PEFC at EXPO 2015
Sign up for Newsletters
- Corruption and illegal logging: the “twins” of environmental criminality
- The PEFC label part of ALDI SOUTH’s awareness campaign
- Focusing in on the key sustainable forest management issues: Task Forces get to work
- From the innovative to the fashionable: the 2016 Collaboration Fund projects announced
- India making strides on the system development challenge!