Additional PEFC Chain of Custody Webinars Now AvailableJul 30 2013
Following the high demand for the last series of webinars on the revised PEFC Chain of Custody standard, PEFC will be holding a further two webinars in early September.
The webinars respond to the strong call for further information from companies eager to demonstrate compliance with European Union Timber Regulation (EUTR) requirements, and are part of PEFC’s extensive support for certificate holders and stakeholders to ensure their smooth transition to the 2013 Chain of Custody standard.
Open to all interested parties, these webinars will cover the major changes to the 2013 PEFC Chain of Custody standard (PEFC ST 2002:2013). They will also demonstrate how the changes have aligned the standard with the requirements of the EU Timber Regulation and other legislative frameworks.
The European Union Timber Regulation (EUTR) sets out requirements that companies within the European Union (EU) must meet to minimize the risk of illegal timber being traded. More specifically, the Regulation requires companies placing timber or timber products on the European market (both imported and domestic) to implement a Due Diligence System (DDS). Companies trading wood products within the EU are responsible for keeping records of their suppliers and customers to allow for traceability.
The Regulation also affects companies outside the EU as their products may be imported into the EU further down the supply chain. Companies that are already certified to the 2010 PEFC Chain of Custody standard will be aligned with EUTR requirements as soon as they transition to the 2013 standard. In addition, companies that do not yet have access to certified material consider PEFC as a viable option as they benefit from compliance with the Regulation while at the same time being well prepared for future business opportunities with customers requiring evidence of sustainable sourcing.
The webinars will be held at two different times to enable the participation of stakeholders from different time zones:
- 11th September from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM (Central European Summer Time)
- 18th September from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM (Central European Summer Time)
The webinars are free of charge, however places are limited. We encourage early registration to secure your seat.
Sign up for Newsletters
- The critical role of forests and the landscape – Outcomes of the PEFC Stakeholder Dialogue (Part 2)
- Sustainable landscapes key to sustainable livelihoods – Outcomes of the PEFC Stakeholder Dialogue (Part 1)
- PEFC launches accreditation body training – sign up now!
- American Tree Farm System seeks PEFC re-endorsement: public consultation open
- Certification, sustainable forest management and the landscape approach