Extensive Information to Ease Transition to 2013 PEFC Chain of Custody StandardMay 27 2013
PEFC, the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification, is going to provide extensive support to companies and certification bodies to ensure a smooth transition to the revised Chain of Custody requirements. While there is an official transition period of nine month, PEFC is already experiencing strong demand for further information from companies eager to demonstrate compliance with European Union Timber Regulation (EUTR) requirements.
"We welcome the overwhelmingly positive feedback to our 2013 standard, which we only published last Friday," said Ben Gunneberg, PEFC Secretary General. "We have been preparing a range of capacity building activities and tools to make it as easy as possible for certified companies to implement the revised requirements, and for non-certified companies to obtain PEFC Chain of Custody certification."
PEFC will provide the following activities and tools:
- For certification bodies
Thursday, 20 June 2013, 16:00 – 17:30 CEST
Tuesday, 25 June 2013, 09:30 – 11:00 CEST
- For certificate holders and interested stakeholders
Wednesday, 19 June 2013, 09:30 – 11:00 CEST
Wednesday, 26 June 2013, 16:00 – 17:30 CEST
The webinars are free of charge. Additional webinars are planned for September/October 2013.
- Chain of Custody Seminar: PEFC's revised Chain of Custody Standard (PEFC ST 2002:2013)
Istana Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Friday 15 November 2013, 09:00 - 17:00
Registration fee per person: USD 360
Limited number of participants, registration starts soon - stay tuned!
The PEFC Training Certificate can be used as proof of evidence for auditors' requirements according to PEFC ST 2003:2012.
Additional auditor trainings are under consideration.
- Transition Guidance document
To provide information about how to adapt 2010 Chain of Custody requirements to 2013 requirements. Expected in early June 2013.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document
To provide straightforward responses to the most often encountered enquiries in regards to the 2013 Chain of Custody standard. Expected in early July 2013.
- Revised version of PEFC Chain of Custody – Key to Selling Certified Products
This flagship publication, which provides an comprehensive overview of PEFC Chain of Custody certification to companies, will be updated to reflect the 2013 standard. Expected in August/September 2013.
- Chain of Custody Powerpoint presentation
Additional material is being considered.
National PEFC members are preparing to offer similar activities and materials at local level. Kindly check with your local PEFC organization for further information.
Sign up for Newsletters
- Get involved in the PEFC Standards Revision process: Join the PEFC SFM Expert Forum
- Striving to improve smallholder access to certification
- Outlining expectations for forest management certification
- Datuk Himmat Singh appointed as MTCC Chairman
- Forest certification systems are effective tools to demonstrate sustainable forestry